Song writing classes for aspiring young musicians
- Ideal for budding singer songwriters wanting to learn the art of writing and co-writing songs and developing their own style, as well as discovering their place within a band or the industry itself
- Students who play instruments are actively encouraged to bring it along and see how they can find their own sound in a band while working together in writing and recording their own material
- Students are offered guidance in the initial stages of discovering their place within the music industry, as well as in the later stages of development and working towards gaining publishing deals
- SWAD students get the opportunity to perform during the TTW calendar. Students are currently working towards a busking performance, and in the past they have performed at The Brighton Dome, The Brunswick, The Latest Music Bar and the Hilton Hotel, and some students have had their music played on local radio! The group also recorded their own song for the Rocking Horse Charity which was played on Sussex Radio stations on Christmas Day!
- SWAD students get the opportunity to record their music in a recording studio and take part in fun photo shoots across Brighton to ensure they have all the tools they need to launch themselves
This is a really inspiring class and leaves the students brimming with confidence. The class runs fortnightly on a Saturday afternoon from 3-5pm and is open to students aged 12+ by audition. Click on the links below to hear examples of the work some of our current SWAD students have been creating.