Post-16 training for aspiring professionals
Brighton & Hove High School
The ADVANCED ACADEMY is a unique foundation course; specialist training for aspiring performers aged 16+ who are serious about entering the performing arts.
The ACADEMY is technique based, providing innovative training in all aspects of the performing arts.
If you want to fulfil your dream, whether as an actor or in Musical Theatre, the ADVANCED ACADEMY is the launch pad you are looking for!
At our Academy, students are able to select either our ACTING or MUSICAL THEATRE course. These 16+ training programmes are unique in Sussex, leading the way with proven results.
- The ADVANCED Academy will equip students with the necessary skills required for audition to a leading full time drama/performing arts school.
- The ACADEMY, established since 2010, will provide up to the minute training that promotes excellence, dedication, commitment and success.
- The Academy will only train those who already demonstrate the potential to become professional performers and admission is by audition.
- Tutors are leading industry professionals with impressive performing and teaching credentials from London’s leading colleges.
- Streamlined classes offering up to 9 hours intensive training per week.
Course Highlights and Added Value:
- Regular professional, fringe and showcase performance opportunities
- Perform at prestigious venues in both Brighton and London
- Annual assessment with top Industry professionals
- Careers advice and guidance at our Headquarters in Sussex
- Advice about entering the business and support in preparing for drama school applications
- Introduction to the UK’s leading young person agency
- Opportunity to audition for top Youth Theatre Company Hungry Wolf Visionary Youth Theatre
- Gain a solid foundation in all aspects of performing arts in preparation for full-time training
- Acceptance is by audition only
- A background in performing arts training is desirable
- 100% commitment and dedication to succeed
- 90% attendance across all sessions
Drama School Success
We help our students prepare for their full time drama school auditions, and provide regular assessments with industry professionals so that they get used to an audition environment. Our Advanced Academy Students have a proven track record of securing places at top London Drama schools and Musical Theatre Colleges, including:
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- Arts Educational
- Guildford School of Acting
- Laine Theatre Arts
- Urdang Academy
- The Drama Centre
- Central School of Speech and Drama
- Mountview Academy
- London School of Musical Theatre
- Performers College
- London Studio Centre
- Royal Welsh College
- Rose Bruford
- The Lir Academy (Irelands National Academy of Dramatic Art)
- Tiffany Theatre College
Advanced Academy Alumni
Notable course alumni and students include:
- Richard Hadfield (member of Collabro, Winners of ‘Britains Got Talent’ 2014)
- Victoria Farley (Wicked UK Tour and Les Miserables 25th Aniiversary Tour)
- Hetti Bywater (Lucy Beale in Eastenders, Death In Paradise)
- Lucy Gape (Hollyoaks Later, Skins,The Making of a Lady)
- Oscar Lloyd (Emmerdale, The 4 o’clock Club)
- Alice Kerrigan (Casualty)
- Amy Leigh Hickman (The Dumping Ground, Tracy Beaker Returns)
- Johnny Raggett (Wolfblood, The Lady- feature film directed by Luc Besson)
- Evie Hooton (The Falling- feature film with Maisie Williams)
- Rosie Taylor-Ritson (Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang)
- Caroline Johns (Byzantium- feature film with Gemma Arterton)
- Jack Bowley (The Hanging Tree- feature film, The Dumping Ground)