Learn dance technique from West End performers
Our main session includes a group dance class, which focuses on building a solid dance technique that can be applied to many different dance styles. The classes work on developing strength and flexibility with a strong emphasis on posture, spacial awareness and performance technique.
Our dance curriculum covers many aspects of the industry:
- All dance classes are taught by our team of highly experienced tutors, who are all professional performers themselves, with careers spanning all areas of dance performance, choreography and tuition
- Students are not only taught steps, but are taught how to rectify any faults before poor technique sets in, which can be challenging to correct at a later stage
- Students often partner theatrical jazz dances with songs they have worked on in their singing classes- it takes fitness and strength coupled with correct technique to dance and sing at the same time!
- We cover a variety of dance styles from different eras and musical genres, placing focus on current dance trends. Choreographing is also encouraged to develop imagination and expression through movement
- As a registered member of the Council for Dance Education, we offer specialist training in Intermediate Musical Theatre Jazz and Pre-Professional Jazz for some of our most gifted dancers, as well as offering graded classes leading to internationally recognised exams in ISTD Ballet and ISTD Tap. For more information about these classes, visit our DANCE ACADEMY page