Learn acting skills for stage and screen
Drama is a skillset that is both advantageous and strengthening to all individuals and characters. The aim of our main session group drama classes is to help each student develop his or her potential for self-expression and communication and to help each student understand and appreciate the art of theatre and television.
Our drama curriculum covers many aspects of the industry:
- Our innovative classes help students to increase their ability to communicate verbally and physically, to think imaginatively, to concentrate, to play, to feel and understand emotions, to co-operate in groups and to seek solutions.
- Over our successful years of drama training, we are proud to have nurtured both students who pursue professional careers on stage and screen, as well as students who utilize their theatrical skills for other school activities and achieve success in many other fields
- Our drama programme equips the students to a high level in a range of performance contexts including live performance, film, television and radio
- We work hard to create an environment for training which is based on trust, mutual respect and a love of drama, enabling students to feel secure enough to take creative risks. All students are encouraged to express themselves in their own way
- We offer private drama tuition which can lead to LAMDA exams. The higher grades of these exams can be used to gain UCAS points for entry into University later in life. The pieces are also often submitted to local festivals and our students get consistently outstanding results.
- We have an additional Screen Acting class on offer at our Brighton Saturday, Bexhill and Chichester schools for those students looking to gain skills more specific to Film and Television work. This is particularly useful for those on the Agency, or those wanting to be
- Students are able to take GCSE Drama with us from age 12 (subject to academic level at school). This means that they can free up more options in school, take a GCSE early and work with a group of likeminded individuals, all capable of high achievement