Audition technique and acting for camera
Our Screen Acting tuition is an additional class for those students who show a particular interest in film and screen acting and enjoy more intense and focused work in this area. We actively encourage all students on the agency to take up this extra class.
The Screen Acting Class covers a variety of areas:
- Students work on a variety of film and television scenes, adverts, presenting features and focus on perfecting the art of screen acting
- The students explore the crucial differences between acting on camera and acting on stage
- Many of the projects worked on in class will be filmed for students to learn from and keep as some amateur showreel footage
- Attention is given to audition technique – in the performing arts business, first impressions count and having good audition technique is crucial to furthering a young actor’s career. Knowing how to promote and present yourself in a professional way is highly advantageous, and these skills are also extremely beneficial for university and job interviews
- Attention is given to perfecting ‘sight reading’ as scripts can often be given on the day of an audition and learning the skills of audition preparation when you have received a text in advance
Screen Acting sessions are run fortnightly after the main session (available in Brighton, Bexhill and Chichester). Fees are £40 per term.